You've probably guessed it by now. Good old H20. It's the only liquid you're body will ever need and odds are most of us probably aren't getting enough of it. Although the traditional 8 glasses a day may have been a bit misleading (we consume water through the foods we eat also) here are some reasons why you should keep your fluid levels high.
- Drinking water helps maintain functions of the body such as digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- Water can help control calories. No it doesn't burn though calories but by opting a glass of water (or possibly a hot tea) over a soft drink or coffee you are cutting out calories that would have otherwise been consumed.
- Water helps energize muscles. Dehydration and muscle fatigue go hand in hand so make sure you're staying hydrated when you're exercising.
- Water helps keen skin looking good. Our skin holds water which acts as a protection barrier of excess fluid loss. Stay hydrated to avoid dry and wrinkly skin.
- Water helps your kidneys excrete harmful toxins from your body.
- Water helps maintain normal bowel function.
information sourced from webMD